Molecular Formula: H2; Molecular Mass: 2.014 grams per mole; Density: 0899kg/m3 (gas), Gas at standard temperature and pressure; is highly flammable and burn in air at concentrations between 4% and 75% by volume. The enthalpy of combustion is −286 kJ/mol. It is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, diatomic gas requires special care in handling.
As a fuel, hydrogen find use in a wide range of applications, including in the food, metal, glass and chemical industries.
- In refining gas process
- In production of methanol, ammonia and hydrochloric acid
- In glass industry
- In pharmaceuticals & biotechnology industry
- In food and beverages industry
- For hydrogenation of fats & oils
- In reducing the metallic ores for extraction
- In welding
- In making silicon chips and semiconductor