SULFURIC ACID 98%
Molecular Formula: H2SO4; Molecular Mass: 98.08 g/mol; Density: 1.84 g/cm3; Hygroscopic and dissolves in water with liberation of heat; Colorless clear and syrupy liquid.
It is an inorganic acid, with a wide range of applications. It is also called oil of vitriol. Highly acidic and very corrosive in nature. In various concentrations the acid is used in the manufacture of fertilizers, pigments, dyes, drugs, explosives, detergents, and inorganic salts and other acids. Widely used in petroleum refining and metallurgical processes. Sulfuric acid serves as the electrolyte in lead–acid storage batteries.
- For manufacturing fertilizers like ammonium sulfate, super phosphate of lime.
- For digesting rock phosphate to manufacture phosphoric acid.
- For manufacturing variety of metal sulfates
- In the processes of manufacturing plastics, cellophane, dyes, drugs, perfumes, disinfectants and even glue.
- In the processes to manufacture LABSA (Soap Slurry) for detergent industry.
- In removal of oxides from iron and steel before electroplating or galvanizing.